
After all this talk on Joes blog, I am thinking gardening even more. I like to plant different varieties of tomatoes. Romas are my favorite because of how good they taste when Deb cans them. BLT's with a huge slab of a Big Boy tomato is the best. Come on Spring. We also grow a lot of green beans, sweet corn, Bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, cucumbers, squash, zuchinni, onions, and potatoes. Deb planted asparagus last year. We also love our strawberries. Our goal this year is to have some peas and Lima beans. Deb also wants to grow her own herbs. Gardening is my stress reliever.
7 comments:
I love tomatoes. Passionately. And Deb, your canned tomatoes were the best I ever had. I drank the juice right from the jar. Ate most of the tomatoes plain and used the rest in some chili. Thanks so much. Delicioso!
Deb do you still use beef stock when you can your tomatoes?
I'm just saying........
We had great luck one year with snow peas.
I wish I had a bigger garden :(
yes garden is a eufamism.
I am still just SAYING........
Your mom used to tell me when there was a 'tussle' in the neighborhood, Joe would come home and putter in his garden. He is still the same kid puttering in the same garden...I think that would make Elaine smile.
DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR JARS FOR DEB....MAYBE IF SHE GETS ENOUGH BACK WE WILL ALL REAP THE BENEFIT NEXT YEAR!!!
I like BeefSteak Tomatoes best...when I was a kid i'd go into the garden, bite into the tomato, suck the seeds out and toss the rest. ...NOW I like it all.
my favorite summer lunch...chop up a tomato, cover with cottage cheese, salt and pepper..YUM YUM YUM>
I'm right with ya on the tomato and cottage cheese. Yum..
My other favorite is tomato, basil from my herb garden, and fresh mozzarella with some Olive Oil drizzled over it.
I would love a garden but with a small backyard completely covered with shade, it just doesn't work.
Deb, I've eaten everything you gave us for xmas. Yum!!! You rock!
Thanks, guys for all the wonderful comments on the canned goods. I am so thankful that you all liked them so much! (I have been sick most of the week with bronchitis...so am just now reading these two posts). am starting to feel halfway human again. ;-)
I'm in awe of you, Deb. All of that gardening is hard work. I have always dreamed of gardening, but people scare me away from it every time I mention it. Were you raised in a gardening family?
Yes, Emily, I was. BUT I didn't always like it back then. When it is all yours and you can do it the way you want...that's when it's rewarding and fun and RELAXING too. It is work...but that kind of work I (Jeff too) ENJOY immensely. ;-)
Post a Comment