Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey you guys.....


......I just wanted to take a moment and tell you seven people how much I love you. I have always said I don't have friends, I have family. Lately, my mind has been on some medical things and life expectancies. No, my doctor just gave me all good news. But still, as I age, I think about you and not having one of you in my life. I had the greatest childhood in the history of the world and I owe a lot of that to you guys. We all need to do things differently in our lives. We take spouses, children, or siblings for granted sometimes. I love our get-togethers and glad that the outlaws love them so much as well. Even though you don't read this Jim, I miss you. I wish Mom, Dad and Jill were here today. I think they would have a blast. Peace out.

5 comments:

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Jeff, thanks for posting this. I agree with you 100%, I love you too.

Kelly said...

That was so sweet. I love knowing that when I get together with my family, I'll always have a fun time.

We all need to take better care of ourselves so we all hopefully be around a much longer time. I've realized myself lately how poorly I've taken care of myself and the results of that. We can all do better.

Jan said...

Great post, Jeff, but you made me cry. I feel the same way. I helped care for most of you and love you like you were my own child. I love getting new pictures of the 8 of us and hate when 1 or 2 are missing. Someday the time will come that 1 will be missing permanently and I can't bear to think about that. So you are right, we have to tell everyone in the family now how much we love them and how much they mean to us. I love you all, siblings and spouses, children and spouses, grandchildren and whoever is to be added will be loved as much as the rest of the family. We also had lots of aunts, uncles and cousins that we were and still are close to, lots of people don't have that. Family is so important and we are fortunate indeed.

Anonymous said...

Jan made me cry more than Jeff....WE do have such a wonderful family and there is no greater blessing that to love and be loved.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I feel the same way.