Sunday, June 27, 2010

Slater Creek happenings


Well, Brandon turned 14. He got an IPOD docking and stereo system from us.

We planted this clematis this year in a large wooden planter next to our bedroom. We were quite surprised at how quickly it bloomed. Absolutely beautiful.

Brandon's eighth grade class spent the night at Jensen Woods near Timewell. I made the perfect throw for this action photo.
Brandon also spent 6 days at LaMoine Christian Service Camp near Tennessee, Illinois. It was awful quiet around here. His 14th birthday was spent under a tornado warning.



I know, I know. Every man dreams of his wife cooking topless. Well, since her sunburn is so bad, she is doing a lot of things topless. I just slathered her up with aloe.





Emma came over for Father's Day and we had a great weekend. I don't Facebook but check out her great trip to Akron, Ohio and her meeting Crystal Bustos.





I love this woman!





Riley and Champ enjoying the great outdoors. They make quite a team. Champ still likes to help himself to our poultry. I asked him why do you keep attacking our birds. He says they are delicious. Who knew?







Riley planted these flowers all by herself. She is very proud.







We salvaged this old door from the schoolhouse we tore down. We screwed it to the chicken coop and added the pretty summertime flag. We like it.









4 comments:

Paulette said...

Hope your sunburn is improving Deb-looks HOT.....thanks for all the pictures-great ones

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys are busy! Can't wait to come spend some time with you.

Deb said...

Thanks Paulette...I felt so stupid to let myself get so sunburnt at this age. Just not used to wearing that kind of tank top and simply didn't think about it until it was obviously too late. Time heals everything...right?!

Emily said...

Youch, Deb! That sunburn looks like a killer. Hope it is starting to ease up a little bit. I sure feel for you! I loved reading all the updates on the Slater Creek Happenings. Clematis are so beautiful, and your picture reminds me I didn't get any this year. :-( It has been nice to see you on Facebook lately, Deb! Hope to see your hubby some day! We could start a H.P. Fan Club. (November can't get here soon enough!)