Thursday, March 4, 2010

I think everybody.....

has a bad case of Spring fever around here. I love four distinct seasons, but we have been spoiled with some mild winters for awhile. I am ready for some gardening and fishing. I want to stay out to 9:30 and still see each others faces. I love our weekend sit around the campfires that we have. The look of a freshly mowed lawn. I miss baseball. Impromptu wiener roasts with the in-laws. Freshly turned dirt by the farmers around here. MUSHROOMS! I can't wait for sweet corn and tomatos. Did I mention baseball. Windows open for a breeze. Bluebirds and yellow finches.

Listening to Riley giggle outside while chasing fireflies. Coming home to find that Deb and Brandon have already mowed the yard and she is waiting for me with an iced cold beer. Picnics at the "Bozarths" in Quincy. I love everything about Spring. New life and new attitudes. New beginnings.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I couldn't agree more. In Ohio I got tired of all the snow and long winters. Now it's March and still snow on the ground, of course they have a lot more than we do. So I guess I won't complain and just look forward to the 50's coming soon.

Paulette said...

AMEN.....

Deb said...

DITTO to it all! Nice post Honey! :)

Kelly said...

You said it. We've all been anxious to get some good cabin weather. I think we all need a warm weather fix.

Cindy said...

I also love the 4 seasons, but your pictures with all the COLOR of summer has me yearning for spring to arrive too...I love watching the earth come to life and I love putting my winter coat away for good. I love how fast trees 'leaf out' after budding, and the sunshine, and the smell of fresh cut grass. I hope once Spring does arrive Winter is gone for good, but Mother Nature always has a way of surprising us with 'just one more' blast of winter. I'm just happy for these early spring days with the sun and warming temps.

joe said...

heard thunder this morning, here comes spring