
Sad news from West Point. We had to put Tucker down today. Something has been going on for a few months. He was starting to be very destructive and acting crazy. He was the picture of health except he wouldn't sleep and constantly prowled and couldn't rest. He was constantly whimpering at night.
He was the greatest dog I have ever known. He loved to go on truck rides and to visit with his buddies across the road. I have the greatest memory of him sleeping in the same bed with John at a Memorial Day Campout one year. Riley and Brandon are taking it very hard as well as Deb and I.
We went to adopt another dog in May of 2003 in Washington Iowa at a pound but it ended up Tucker adopted us. We couldn't resist the black mutt who just kept leaning against Deb. We forgot the other dog instantly and took Tucker home. His foster mom said Tucker deserved to live at the Taj Mahal; and we believe this to be true as well! Tucker instantly became Riley's favorite toy. She would climb and sit on him constantly. He also loved when Josh came over because he would scratch Tucker's head for hours. But Tucker was the happiest when he was under the table while his family ate supper. He just always wanted to be close to his family.
I will always remember that he hardly ever barked, was scared of thunderstorms, and listened to his family very well. We are going to miss him.
9 comments:
I have been crying off and on since we buried him. He was the best dog ever! I'm really having a hard time trying to get ready for bed tonight without him. My routine is off and my eyes are swollen and red I am sure. Good bye Tuck...thanks for letting us share in your life. It was a true blessing; hope to see you again someday in heaven. I know you are making the angels smile. I love you bud.
Tucker...Josh and I miss you already. You were always such a great dog and our visits to Dad's won't be the same without you. I hope we can have a dog just like you someday!
I'm so sorry to hear this! Good dog's are so hard to find I know you will miss Tucker so much.
Thinking of you guys.
It is always so hard to lose a beloved pet, and I am sorry to hear that you had to put Tucker down. I'm glad you have such great memories of him.
Sorry to hear about Tucker..letting them go is the hardest decision to make...and it takes a while to get back into life without them. Tucker had a good life with you-and you have wonderful memories
Sorry to hear about ole Tucker. Only dog we ever allowed at the campout ...... besides Jer.
I hope you guys are all feeling better.
I'm sorry to hear about Tucker. Pets are definitely a part of the family and that makes it so hard to lose them. He was lucky to have found such a good home with you guys.
You were so lucky to find each other. I'm sitting here with Gussie on my lap and am teary-eyed. Never met Tucker, but I know he'll always have a special place in your heart. Jer
(What, Joe?)
So sorry to hear about Tucker. You have always said what a wonderful dog he was. Pets are a part of the family, I know he will be missed.
Post a Comment