Sunday, August 3, 2008

First tooths,Lou, new places, corn faces


Riley has her first loose tooth. You might notice the new one right behind her front one that is loose. She is very excited.

Where to begin? Lucy is now Lou. We thought she was girl when we got her, but she's not. As you can see. Lou loves to be close to Tucker, Tucker loves to sleep.
Jenna has a new place. Her and Josh moved in on Saturday. We hauled a couple things for Josh and all the families moved something. Jenna is very excited. I will send an email with addresses later.






Brandon made the mistake of challenging me to a corn on the cob eating race. It wasn't pretty. I smoked him. Our garden has been wonderful. Deb has canned 50 quarts of green beans and froze 15 quarts of sweet corn and 8 pints of beets. Tomatoe's will be next.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see Riley can eat like a lady at the table with the piggys!!!

I laughed at her tooth picture b/c at first I didn't recognize her, then it reminded me of Adam who had 2 rows of teeth more than once (he had to finally have a lot of his baby teeth pulled)

So happy to hear Jenna has gotten moved. This year will be quite a change for her as she concentrates on her studies, though I am sure she will miss "her" nanny kids at first. Josh and Jenna are such a great couple and we love them both to pieces and wish them the best this year.

Our garden is doing great too, and we have been lucky enough to find homes for all we didn't want ourselves....I REFUSE to can anything after having spent too much of my youth doing it. So Kudo's to Deb. (ok, I did blanch and freeze excess broccoli for casseroles this fall)

Our Kitty still is not friends with Kirby. You've been lucky, even if you can't tell the difference between a boy and girl!! The park ranger gave Joe a lesson on the diffence if you want to figure it out you can ask him...he knows now.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe Riley is old enough for loose teeth already!! How exciting! Noah just lost his 3rd this week.

I would love a big garden, too bad we don't have much of a yard. I'd be embarrassed to plant one in our front yard...that's the only place we get sun!

Yay on getting Jenna moved. Hard to believe it's her last year, her and a herd of cousins!

Deb said...

Smoked him? What? It was so close of a race it was not even funny....well, it really was hilarious to watch! Doesn't take much to entertain us around here.

Riley is very excited about her new tooth! But can't seem to get the old one out...it is just barely hanging in there too.

Jen and Josh are very excited and happy with their new place. We were blessed to be able to help them. Love you Jen!

Anonymous said...

Looks like some darn nice ears of corn there. Ours didn't look quite that good but they were edible.
Next time film that corn eatin' contest. That's blogging material.

Anonymous said...

Losing that first tooth is such a big deal...glad she is not afraid. Best to jenna and Josh ...another SIUE year ready to go! Those two are such a perfect pair

Beth said...

I'm with Joe...tape the corn contest next time. I'd love to see that.

I bet Riley can't wait for that tooth to fall out so the tooth fairy can make a visit!