Monday, August 17, 2009

Riley is growing up

Riley decided it was time for some hair to go. Deb wasn't so ready.
Yikes! It was only supposed to be about 10". Turned out about 15".

It will be going to Locks of Love. She said she wanted to help a little girl with cancer.

She was such a big girl. Brandon was embarrassed by mom's tears.

What a smile. Now I can maybe comb thru it a little easier.




11 comments:

Kris said...

Way to go Riley. You will make one little girl very happy. I love your new haircut.

Jan said...

Oh Riley, it looks so cute. It will definately be easier to comb now. Really proud of you to donate your hair to locks of love.

Aunt Jane said...

You were so brave, I am so proud of you and you look beautiful, I cannot wait to see in person

Beth said...

You look adorable Riley! And you will love how much easier it is to wash, brush, etc.! I love the idea of donating your cut hair to lock of love...way to go!

Emily said...

Wow! I knew her hair was long when we met for lunch, but it looks even longer in that first picture. What a big girl to donate to such a worthy charity!

Cindy said...

OMG...OMG...I can't believe it...It seriously shocked my system to see this post. I'm stunned.

Tell Riley how proud of her I am that she would donate her hair to children...red headed children.... that lose their own beautiful hair to cancer! I LOVE her new look..it is amazing what a change it makes in her face. She looks so grown up, ready to start a new school year.

(psst..Deb, I don't blame you a bit for the tears)

Kelly said...

Deb I don't blame you for the tears, I had a few myself.

Riley, your new hair cut is beautiful!!! And to think that you are helping some little girl out there have beautiful hair too is so special. Love you

Debbie D said...

Riley,

Your hair looks great! I can't believe that your hair was that long! It was so nice of you to think about helping someone else. The new do makes you look very grown up (thats probably why Mom cried). How are those puppies?

Jenna said...

Way to go Riley! I love your new hair, you look so grown up! I can't wait to see it...we'll be home in a few weeks!

Aunt Paulette said...

Riley that new Do is fantastic-you look so ready for school! and what a way to "lose" your hair-sharing with another....

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh you look so cute!! I love it...way to go Riley Jo. I am so proud of you!

Now you and Hailey's hair is about the same :)