Sunday, February 8, 2009

That's my girl


We cut and burned brush after church and then decided to take a walk. As we were walking through a small grassy field, Riley says"Look a bone". Well the bone was a deer antler. I was 40 some years old before I found my first antler. They are not that easy to find. Riley is an outdoor girl.

8 comments:

Deb said...

While B and Jeff did the burning of the brush...Riley and I cleaned out the car. She was a big help removing things from her side of the backseat and then loved running the shopvac to vacuum the floors.

Not as warm as yesterday...but we enjoyed being outside just as much! ;-) Spring...it's a coming!

Beth said...

I love that even with the 'hunting' coat & her shed find, she has her baby & pink accessories. My kind of girl!

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Love the story. WTG, Riley.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Beth on this one....an outdoorsy girl with a flair for fashion....she looks adorable. Sounds like the jeff b. family had a nice day together having fun and getting stuff done.

Jessica said...

She's so stinking cute. Love & miss you Riley Jo!

Kelly said...

Yep, she's ready to head back out to Uncle John's cabin.... I know my boys are anxious to get back out there and search for bugs and other fun stuff.

Emily said...

I too must comment on how fashionable Riley looks in her outdoor gear. You go, Riley!

Deb said...

Thought I should mention to all you ladies that commented on her 'style'...she is also wearing a very fashionable purse/backpack... you can get a small glimpse of the black strap around her left arm. It is black patent-leather with a purple flower in the middle! Yeah that's what I'm talkin' about... ;-)