
Well, another harvest is over at Debs parents. Francis had a great crop of soybeans and corn on his small farm. Deb helped haul corn in again. She loves to drive the big Ford tractor and help her dad. Harvest time is a wonderful time to remember to thank the Lord for His provision.
Harvest time is also a time for snakes. I caught this 3 foot bull snake in our front yard. Deb ran over it with the lawnmower and didn't even hurt it. We released it a few minutes after this picture was taken. It's no wonder Riley likes this kind of stuff. That's her hand touching it. Better to get use to them now than be petrified as an adult.

Harvest time is also a time for snakes. I caught this 3 foot bull snake in our front yard. Deb ran over it with the lawnmower and didn't even hurt it. We released it a few minutes after this picture was taken. It's no wonder Riley likes this kind of stuff. That's her hand touching it. Better to get use to them now than be petrified as an adult.
4 comments:
gross. gross. gross. I hate snakes. That snake better be nowhere near when we come home next weekend. I am not even joking.
They are everywhere, everywhere. Oh the humanity. All they want to do is slither up your leg.....NOT. Relax scaredy-cat, you won't see one.
I'm admittedly terrified of them....in fact just this picture made me feel ill.. I am glad Riley is not fearful. I hope she can always appreciate all of nature....but you can keep snakes and any other reptiles away from me.
yes...love the farm-life. Just wish I got to drive the tractor more than I do. Everyone likes that job too...so I have to share. with mom's hand, she could not help at all this year. Our brother-in-law, Tim, hauled most of the time. Me for only one day and part of that day was spent helping dad work on the combine. He had a great crop this year and is thrilled! They are in Florida now and loving the hot weather.
and as for that snake...(can't believe I didn't kill the thing with the mower)...I would never hold it!
Post a Comment