Monday, August 9, 2010

The work continues


Well, some play has to happen also. Champ just loves Riley. Actually, Champ loves anything that might scratch his belly.

The chickens are battling for the best boxes to lay their eggs. Here, last years Reds are taking up the number one and two hole while this years White waits. Why she doesn't go in one of the other four boxes, I don't know.

The two birds in the middle are Guineas. Very unusual looking but they devour ticks by the millions.

This is Chance. Or Chancers as we call him. He looked so pretty in the green grass.


We are using an old door for our gate to our new pasture. Today, we painted it barn-red. I think it is very striking.



This is Miracle. Some of you might remember us rescuing her in the deadly-cold of January. She now is doing great and will actually be bred in the fall to have her own babies.







This girl loves her animals. Madeline and Alice love her too. She is a big help on the farm.





I built this cart out of recycled wood and two old wheelchair wheels. It works great and it will be used for hauling sticks and firewood this fall.






We also added another room to the goats Summer residence. It was a little tight for all five of them. Alice likes it already.









Riley in the feed-trough I made out of an old barrel. She does play with dolls also, but I don't blog about those.








5 comments:

Deb :) said...

Jeff had today off since he has to work on Saturday...we went to Carthage for lunch at the DQ. Then did some work around the place too...Also painted the new picnic-table top.

Most of the wood for our new cart was brought back from Alabama...my brother was going to throw it out...I said I'll take it...we always are needing scrap lumber. (I love repurposing things!)

Good day! :)

Emily said...

I love all the new pics of you guys around the farm. It must be so fun out there! Kuddos on the awesome cart you built. I'm not good at repurposing, so I think it's awesome that some people are talented enough to have a vision and follow through like that.

Paulette said...

Riley will be ready for school to "relax"....you guys have been busy!!!

Kelly said...

I hope this isn't too rude of me....the boys have asked numerous times this summer when they can go to Riley's house again and asked if they could see the animals. Would you mind if sometime I drove them up to visit and see the farm?? I know they would love it.

Great pictures!

Deb said...

Anytime Kelly! Riley would love it too. B has a dr.appt this afternoon...I plan on being in Quincy most the day tomorrow...really behind on grocery shopping! Riley is have her best friends (twins) stay the night Wednesday and I will keep them until their mom gets off work on Thursday...well after saying anytime...guess that leaves Friday for this week! :) Come on up! Riley would love to show you around.