Friday, September 4, 2009

If you're bored with chickens....look away!

This Rhode Island Red did something I have never heard of. I am easy to impress, so don't get too excited. I have never seen a chicken egg this big. It is huge in Deb's hand. We were expecting a double yoke out of it.
Imagine our surprise when Brandon had a 3-yolk over easy breakfast this morning. I told you I was easy to impress.

We now return you to Blossom already in progress.

4 comments:

Deb said...

okay...Yes, the egg was the biggest I have ever seen! Looked like it came from a goose instead of a chicken. BUT it was layed by a buff...not a red. Not that it really matters...just say'in...

It doesn't take much to excite us around here...Brandon and I were so excited when I cracked it this morning. ;-) I just had to take a picture of it for Jeff to see too...since he had already left for work.

...have a good night...

Jane said...

Jeff you are so easy to excite and so proud

Cindy said...

that IS impressive for sure...NEVER even heard of a triple yolk egg. Must have felt like passing a Bozarth Head laying it :-)

Kelly said...

Good one Cindy!!

I've never heard of that either. I am impressed!!