Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Concrete work and puppies...

Champ and Tess played on the garage pad...that is until we had to lock them in their pen (didn't really want puppy-prints in our fresh concrete)

Last Thursday, Jeff and I and my dad poured the first two sections of our patio...











Not bad for our first time at doing concrete work...




Tess laying under an old antique corn sheller...(their new favorite spot)







Champ in same spot...





Yesterday (Monday) we poured the last two sections of patio...We had to put our prints on the last section of work...








...and the finished product right after brooming. It still looks a little wet this morning, but is hard enough for the animals to walk over without hurting it. We are so excited to finally have something other than dirt (mud) at our front door! Yippie!




(p.s. thanks Tim for your ideas about the pour!)







6 comments:

Paulette said...

Patio looks great-good job!

Cindy said...

I know how much you are going to love the new patio....and just in time to sit out on it and enjoy the fall foliage all around you. Concrete is hard work---great job.

Jan said...

Tha patio looks great. You sure did a good job. Nice not have to worry about the mud any longer.

JeffBoz said...

Deb was awesome. Our cement driver was a young guy who was very helpful. All in all.....I am glad it is done.

Deb said...

I'd say we were all awesome. When a job needs done...we find a way to do it! I too...am glad it is done. ;-)
(I don't care much for hard-work)

Beth said...

Looking good! Now you can enjoy it!