
1In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2(This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3And everyone went to his own town to register.
4So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
4So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
It is so cool how God makes everything work. It was prophesied in the Old Testament that the Messiah would come from the town of Bethlehem. Jesus would not have been born there unless the Romans had not ordered the census. The prophet Micah foretold of this 750 years before Jesus was born.
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times. "
6 comments:
Reminds me of the song...'Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love our God is an awesome God'... Merry Christmas! ;-)
Thanks for reminding us what the season is all about.
We just read that to Hailey the other night. Love you Dad.
hi bozarth family... I"m glad you found the blog deb... thanks for posting. I like yours too!
Tara Campbell
Ty & Blake are loving the story of Jesus' birth and are really "getting" some of it this year. (Ellie just likes to examine the baby Jesus figurine in the nativity set:) At the Avenue of lights they have a nativity scene with bethlehem in the distance. It was cute to hear Ty say, "There's Bethlehem." I guess he's listening, huh?:)
Thanks for the awesome post. I guess I never really knew why Joseph & Mary were traveling to Bethlehem just knew they did. Now I know.
The story always warms my heart. I always try to imagine being the shepherd in the field keeping watch that night, and what that must have felt like to actually be present at such a wonderous event. I love the story of the Nativity, and the time of Advent so that I can reflect on what Jesus's birth means to me.
Post a Comment