Friday, April 10, 2009

It's time........



.....to move the chickens. They are getting big and the box isn't going to hold them much longer.


We took one out to the coop to see how she would do. She gave her beak of approval. So tomorrow may be the day that they make the big move. Their nesting boxes are in the background. That is a hanging feeder in the middle.

Tomorrow is 4 weeks since we bought them. They are growing quick.

5 comments:

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Too cute to eat, that's for sure

Kelly said...

They are kinda cute. I have no problem eating chicken though!

Cindy said...

I'm sure Jeff said these are laying hens, not baking hens, but I'm with Kelly..chicken is my favorite food. As a kid I helped every year with plucking(the little girls job) feathers off the chickens from my Grandma's farm. The womanfolk did the chickens b/c it was NOT considered a mans job back then on the farm, yet not a single woman yelled 'foul'. (the menfolks work always required much more strength) I loved the days we spent on the farm. Be careful collecting eggs...being pecked at is NOT something I fondly remember.

Tired of the Chickens Cindy said...

.......It's TIME.....I didn't have to look at ugly chickens [sorry Riley] on your blog.

Tara said...

That looks fun! Tell Deb hello!