
Well, we found some mushrooms also. Deb and Riley found 29 while I was at Lowes and then Riley and I found 4 more after I got hme. No more than 50 yards from our front door. SWEET!

Riley also picked some Sweet Williams for her momma. This is Debs favorite wildflower. She has fond memories of picking these flowers in the same timber with her grandma.
Around here the work never seems to stop and we wouldn't have it any other way. Here, Deb is working on our.........

goat barn! The chickens are doing great and we have decided to add some baby goats to Slater Creek Farm.
Finally, we had a visit from this monster. We are not sure of the type, but we have alot of this kind of snake.

Around here the work never seems to stop and we wouldn't have it any other way. Here, Deb is working on our.........

goat barn! The chickens are doing great and we have decided to add some baby goats to Slater Creek Farm.
Finally, we had a visit from this monster. We are not sure of the type, but we have alot of this kind of snake. This one was 3-4 feet long. Maybe John can identify it for me. All I know is they don't like being picked up.
8 comments:
Look at Deb hammering away like a pro! Good for you! And I agree with your wording on the snake. He looked like a monster to me!:-)
So until you can guarantee that your house is snake free, I'm afraid I will be staying in Kansas City....That thing would eat my dog!!!
Not the most flattering picture of me...but, I do enjoy building and working with Jeff on just about anything. ;-)
I walked out into the timber again this afternoon and found 6 more mushrooms to add to our bowl. WE are having mom and dad over for dinner tonight to share them...Yummy!
Woo Hoo on the mushrooms! We only found two more on Saturday....then we really felt bad for eating all the other ones ourselves. I think it's still early in most spots though so hopefully we can make it up to our families;)
That snake is freaking me out. I'm NOT a snake fan.
I was enjoying reading about everything on the farm until I came to the part about the snake! I've always been surprised that as much time as we've spent at dad's cabin, that I've only seen a snake once.
Those mushrooms look yummy though. What will you do with the goats?
The goats are just for fun! ;-) Riley is so excited! ...and us too...
Just the picture of the snake is enough to keep me away....The older I get the more they bother me. My heart palpates just thinking about snakes.
You will love the goats. My friend Tammy's mom just got goats a few months back and they are have a ball with them. They are using them for milk and cheese.
Yay, on the mushroom hunting though. As much as I love them, it is the one thing my mom made like no one else. I don't know her secret, but wish i did.
It was great to [finally] see your new home! It is so nice, and you did an amazing job utilizing the entire space. It is hard to believe it has already been a full year since you moved. I remember YOU moved around YOUR birthday, and John moved around HIS birthday...Joe got a necktie!
So...Happy to see your home, but THANK YOU GOD for keeping the snakes away.
Post a Comment