The thought that an American president can convince a major employer to fire their CEO is not right. Our country has no business being in business. These bailouts are wrong, wrong, wrong. Am I the only one that thinks this way. It is not up to the United States government to make everything okay. Companies need to fail sometimes. That is how we learn. I bought 78,000 shares of a Three Stooges theme park. Who knew that it wouldn't go well. I thought everyone liked the Stooges. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Oh well, my bad. The government should not bail me out. I screwed up. Please stop trying to help me by taxing me and my family into oblivion.
Please dump your next shipload of tea into the harbor.
Taxation without representation is tyranny. (Patrick Henry)
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If the CEO could cause the unemployment percentage to jump up even more, then I think it is acceptable. My whole apartment complex is filled with GM workers. If GM goes under, the end result would be terrible. I am not saying that I completely agree with the Auto/Bank Bailout plan, however I do think that the company could be saved with some new ideas. On the other side, I think that if the Auto Companies are going to be held to this standard, then the banks need to be as well.
And your Patrick Henry quote doesn't quite fit. We have representation. Each and every American who has not committed a felony and is over the age of 18 has the opportunity to vote for who represents them in federal, state, and local courts. President Obama was voted in by the majority of Americans. Any of his plans can be voted down by the House or the Senate whom we also elect. We are being represented Dad, but majority rules in democracy.
We are not being represented. SPECIAL INTEREST groups are being represented. You mentioned GM. Obama (or other politicians) don't care about individual GM workers, they care about the Whole GM union vote. They don't care about if I have my house foreclosed on, they care if the banking industry and their lobbyist go under.
If you feel represented by your congress person and your senator, I'm glad. I personnally feel Senator Durbin and our fake Senator Burress never will feel what down state Illinois needs. Durbin is Obama's whipping boy.
Majority does not rule in this democracy. A democracy says the peoples majority rule. If that was the case, these things would not be an issue.
Abortion, gay marriage, term limits, and universal healthcare.
Special interest groups keep these items at the forefront. Their lapdogs listen to them and then give fancy speeches.
No Virginia their is not a Democracy and it does not live in the hearts of our country.
Dad I know we all have our different opinions, but I truly feel that one of the reasons that the special interest groups are heard, or the the abortion activists are heard, or the gay marriage activists are heard is because the people who disagree with those things do not do enough to make themselves heard. Do you write weekly letters to your congressmen or senators? I don't either, but I'm sure many of those other people do. The March for Life is every single year in Washington DC and only 100,000-300,000 people attend each year, yet 76-78% of Americans identify themselves as Christians. It is time for the majority to be heard, but the minority is the only one that is doing any talking and acting.
technically the United States is a Republic, not a Democracy. We have laws to follow and govern us, it's not the majority that rules. The only way the majority can change the situation is to elect congressmen that will vote the way they want. I'll para-phrase Abe lincoln who said there is only 2 ways to rid oneself of a bad or corrupt government by electing them out of office or overthrow them with a force of arms. As far as what the government does being right or wrong is for the picklocks of historians to decide.
Post a Comment