It's time for another addition of........The Bozarth Brothers Mishaps..umm I mean Adventures.John was quite a bit older than me. I don't have a lot of memories of him while I was young. Only his memories that I have heard a million times make it seems like I remember them. Clinkers, Sugar Smacks, Cindy Bruening, and Braunschweiger and Thueringer. Being the only other brother that likes to hunt, I was kind of drawn to him in my early teens.
It was a beautiful Fall day in the Midwest. I spent the night at Johns and we were going hunting in the morning. John was going to use his bow for deer, and I was going to use a shotgun for rabbit. This was on Kenny Barry's land near Liberty. After a couple of hours and not seeing a rabbit, I notice John walking towards me in a hurry. I thought he had to take a poop and needed "wipies". He does that a lot in the woods. No, he hit a deer and needed help tracking it. Well, we looked for 2 hours and didn't find the deer. John was very disappointed. That would soon disappear. As we came up to a single strand of barbed wire fence, John says :"Let me show you how to cross these". I held his bow and my shotgun as he runs towards the fence. He jumps, does this scissor kick thing, and clears the fence by two feet. As he lands, he rolls his ankle in a hole and goes down faster than me at an Old Country Buffet.
The ankle should never be that color of purple, orange, black, and blue. It was the ugliest thing that I have seen. This coming from an expert in sprained ankles. Well, as I held a bow and shotgun in one arm, and had the other arm around my brother, I thought......If i left him here, no one would notice. NO I DIDN'T. I thought....I go hunting and all I get to bring back to the truck is a 185 LB stupid piece of......NO I DIDN'T.
I thought....Sometimes you have to back your brothers play. "Easy John, I got ya".
4 comments:
You know Jeff, this story usually ends with "He ain't heavy, He's my Brother" See, we've all heard ALL you boy's stories over and over....it's called "Family History...Bozarth Style"
I admittedly laughed very hard at your "going down like me at Old Country Buffet"
You Bozarth boys must have weak ankles in general...Adam has rolled his 3 times. You all might want to think about keeping your feet planted firmly on the ground.
I remember that story.
One of my favorites though is a certain somebody jumping onto an air pillow at work, bouncing his head off of the concrete ground and getting a concussion. I'm just sayin'...........that would make a good story. :)
only one of the Great Hunting stories involving John...and there are many and all funny.Jeff-look at all you have learned NOT to do....
Yes Jeff tell the story about the concussion! :-X
Post a Comment