Thursday, September 4, 2008

brothers

I told someone at work the other day...."I don't have friends, I have my brothers. So I decided to start telling true stories about our mishaps..I mean adventures.

I call this one "The day Jay and Jeff was going to kick somebodies butt for Jimmy".


Jimmy was about 12 years old and was hanging around some older kids in the 15th and Elm area. One day he came home crying because they had pushed him and knocked him around a little. When he came home crying to mom, Jay and I decided that we were going to take matters into our own hands. We started walking towards 15th and Elm. The longer we walked, the madder we got. You don't mess with our brother. Then a friend of Jays drives by in a Kroners Florist delivery van. Jay fills him in on it and he offers to drive us up to the house while we lay down in the van. Well many of you know that if I lay flat in a moving vehicle, I start to get dizzy. Many of you also know that the closer I get to danger, the dizzier I get. I think it is genetic. Well as our friend drives through the neighborhood, he spots the thugs. We jump out of the van and start walking towards them very menacingly. We notice that they have a lot more people than we do. Our driver didn't leave the van. So their we are, Jay who doesn't inspire fear in anyone and me who thinks he is going to throw up. Well we yelled at them pretty good and then jumped back in the van and drove away. I think Jay called them a bad name. I am sure we told Jimmy a better story than what really happened. After all....You got to back your brothers play.

6 comments:

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I love it, Jeff. It sounds just like you and Jay.

Kelly said...

Great story but I can't help but to keep focusing on that rainbow behind you guys. I'm sure there's a beautiful meaning behind that! :)

JeffBoz said...

I believe that picture was taken at Jer and Johns wedding. That is a whole nother story.

Anonymous said...

I think you might be mistaken....I'm sure Jay has NEVER called anyone a BAD name...never even used a bad word. Great Story

I am glad I got the pot of gold at the end of THAT rainbow.(all I remember about that reception was making sandwiches in the kitchen of Turner Hall)

Anonymous said...

Are they members of the gay community? (not that there would be anything wrong with that)The rainbow and all.........

Anonymous said...

I love that story Dad! That's one that I'll definitely remember. Love you.