Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Slater Creek Update


Deb with her two nieces, Erica and Courtney, at her grandmas funeral dinner. Sad occasion, but nice to catch up with relatives.

The family at the cemetery. When B and I dress up on the same occasion, you better get a picture.


Well, I got nothin.....

Deb posing on top of the newly roofed goat barn.


Riley measuring the soffit. She loves to help and it keeps me off the ladder.
You see, I fall down a lot.




The little boy is our nephew Alex. He is the youngest child of Courtneys. He loves to come visit when he is at grandmas.






Strawberries galore. I picked that whole ice cream bucket full Wednesday evening with at least another bucketful to pick tomorrow. Plenty for homemade jam and shortcake. Yum!




6 comments:

Kelly said...

Deb, I'm sorry to hear your grandma passed away. I didn't know about that.Was she ill??

The pictures are great. Those strawberries look yummy.

Cindy said...

Ok, first she is using a power saw and not she is climbing to the top of ladders for you.....enough already...you're killing me!!!

Amazing strawberry crop. One nice reason for all the rain...good for berries.

I hope Deb is getting some good quality time with all her family that is home for her grandma's funeral There is no one better to share memories with than your cousins that shared your childhood and your grandma.

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys have been busy.

Did you get our flowers?

joe said...

That amount of strawberries would never make it to jam at this house, straight to the shortcake. Missed you guys last night but very happy you got to catch up with cousins. I hope your family is all doing well during this sad time. see you all this weekend.

Emily said...

I too am sorry to hear about your grandma. It's always sad, no matter how prepared we think we are. I'm oh, so jealous of the strawberries!!! They look divine! Things are looking great at Slater Creek! :-)

JeffBoz said...

Deb and I picked 15 more quarts on Friday night. Some were incredible in size. Riley and Hailey were eating them out of the garden as fast as we could pick them.