Saturday, May 16, 2009

Life at Slater Creek Farm...

Just wanted to share a few pictures from this past week...(they are not in chronilogical order...still don't have that part of blogging down)


I worked all day last Monday pulling weeds and mulching down this flower bed...





Callie...is our new 'barn-cat'... She is fixed so no kittens are coming from her. But, she has already proven herself by killing her first mouse the other day.








Riley lost her front tooth last night! LOVE those toothless grins!






Brandon modeling Grandma's wig...that she doesn't like.






MOm and me on Mother's Day afternoon...










Jeff and Brandon working....(we loaded several loads of rich black dirt to fill in our raised beds in the garden)












Brandon loves driving the rider.












Riley and her beloved chickens...




























The kids and I after church on Mother's Day...








5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I love the flower bed you created. I am just not so talented in that area, and you guys obviously are. Oh, and I love Riley's toothless grin also!

Jan said...

Love the pictures, your flower bed looks great. It's adorable how the chickens let Riley hold them.

Cindy said...

Great Job on the flower bed....I don't seem to have any trouble putting them in (other than being to cheap to buy flowers...starts anyone) but maintaning them in the 100 degree heat is a real CHORE for me. Good luck with yours.

Riley looks adorable with her missing tooth. I wasn't ready for that...my boys didn't lose teeth until 2nd grade, so I'm always surprised how early most kids do.

Except for her hair on Brandon,(which BTW looks simply adorable) Your mom looks great. Hope the treatments are not taking too much out of her.

Kelly said...

Your place is looking great....it makes me want to relax in your yard with a good book!

Paulette said...

I love when the kids lose that front tooth! Mine were in 2nd also..Kelly had her last baby teeth pulled when she was a teenager!. I am working on flower beds too....slowly....